Post of a Postcard!  

Posted by Unknown


Sooooo the theme that was given to us this time round was Youth! However, being a youth... I didn't know what would be considered youth when it comes to creating a work of art.

The common things that I could conjure out of my brain were

1. Breakdancing.

2. The Youth Olympic Games.

3. Clubbing


I looked at my choice and thought... These are not the factors that I, MYSELF would like to associate with when people talk about youth. It was simply not me. I don't breakdance, I'm not a fan of the games and clubbing is not all that fun anyway.

So I set out, trying to find something that I could call youth or at least be at ease with myself that I can label it as youth. I asked myself what was it that I wanted at this point of age? Then suddenly, THERE WAS LIGHT! lol

I decided that all I wanted to do was to stand out. In one way or another. To sort of like just, got he other direction as what most people are doing! Be it right or wrong... It may not seems like a good idea sometims but I am definitely not a person who loves to follow rules.
The words I felt that it should be more un-organized. So as to simulate youths being different and not all that organized in life and they have their own ways of placing their own things into order.
The arrow also points to the words Stand out!!! which is the main "attraction" so cool for the postcard.

I went ahead and made the following postcard :D

This is one of the words that I am proud of. At least for the idea part. I still feel that more professionalism could be added to the work.




These are the few colors I have tried to use for the postcard. I tried red because it shouts ME! haha No really, I feel that red can be easily associated to youth and it stands out more. However, a full red postcard doesn't look right so I tried different background colors. I wanted the arrow that was going the other way stand out. So the color of the arrow is alwasy in contrast with the background.


This entry was posted on Friday, April 9, 2010 at Friday, April 09, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment